This year’s “must attend” CBD sessions at ICRE in Ottawa!
Have questions about running a Competence committee? Want to better understand the role of multi-source feedback in CBD?
ICRE 2019 is in Ottawa from September 26-27 and this dynamic MedEd conference is filled with answers!
ICRE has an entire track dedication to competency-based education, with dozens of thought-provoking opportunities to expand your knowledge of competency-based medical education (CBME).
- C-B-D, easy as 1-2-3: Practical implementation strategies for your CBD curriculum (Friday, Sept. 27, 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
- This this session will dissect CBD implementation into multiple phases, helping participants reproduce tools and resources for their own program’s use, including the facilitation of a productive competence committee.
- Competence committees: Designing and running an effective competence committee to support resident progress (Friday, Sept. 27,3:30-5:00 p.m.)
- This session will help participants develop an understanding of the processes, function and desire outcomes of competence committees, while also understanding the role of competence committees in creating learning and remediation plans.
- A change conversation: Engaging your faculty and residents in the transition to CBME (Saturday, Sept. 28, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- This session shows participants how to identify key elements of CBME and understand the impact, while at the same time outlining an approach to leading an effective change initiative, common pitfalls and avoidance strategies.
Haven’t registered yet? Don’t worry, you can register onsite at the conference.
Thinking ahead to next year? Mark your calendars! ICRE and all of its CBME knowledge is coming to Vancouver, September 24-26, 2020.