Royal College National Awards: Meet our 2020 recipients
This has been a year of unprecedented changes and challenges. During this time of uncertainty, it’s more important than ever to share inspiring stories – stories that highlight the tremendous contributions of our colleagues and help us to focus on the positive.
In light of this, I’m excited to announce that we have selected the 2020 recipients of our National Awards.
The Royal College National Awards program honours the exceptional personal achievements of specialist physicians and surgeons, and other medical professionals across Canada and internationally. These awards recognize contributions to the specialty medical field, the Royal College mission, and to the health care of citizens, both in Canada and globally.
The selection of award recipients is based on a rigorous nomination and review process, overseen by the Royal College’s Awards Committee.
The Awards Committee had a very difficult job to narrow it down to the Fellows who were ultimately selected. Below we have listed our award recipients:
- Kimberly St. John , MD, FRCPC–James H. Graham Award of Merit
- Rachel Grimminck, MD, FRCPC – Early-Career Leadership in Medical Education (New!)
- Roger Wong, MD, FRCPC– Duncan Graham Award for Outstanding Contribution to Medical Education
- Kyla Hildebrand, MD, FRCPC – Royal College/Associated Medical Services Donald R. Wilson Award (CanMEDS integration)
- Lynden Crowshoe, MD – Royal College Dr. Thomas Dignan Indigenous Health Award (as previously announced)
I hope you will take a few moments to read about the incredible, diverse and important contributions Fellows are making. Please join me in congratulating this year’s recipients on their achievements.
I’d like to thank everyone for their interest in the National Awards program. If you are considering nominating a colleague for a specific honour, the 2021 call for nominations will launch in September 2020.
Susan D. Moffatt-Bruce, MD, PhD, MBA, FACS, FRCSC
Chief Executive Officer