Royal College International is recruiting board members
Royal College International (RCI) is recruiting members to join its board of directors for new three-year terms starting on September 16, 2022.
The RCI Board consists of three to 15 positions; RCI is currently recruiting for up to six positions (or less) for the 2022–2025 term. Board terms are three years, renewable once.
RCI is a wholly controlled, not-for-profit charitable subsidiary of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (Royal College), created to promote and deliver Royal College programs and services within targeted international markets.
RCI promotes and delivers programs and consulting services to advance postgraduate medical education and lifelong learning within international markets. These programs include accreditation, assessment and examinations, curriculum development, faculty development, and conferencing.
RCI also delivers an International Development, Aid and Collaboration funding program. The program supports a selected number of projects led by Royal College Fellows that help to improve health profession education and local capacity in low- and middle- income countries.
If you have knowledge, skills or experience in one or more of the areas listed below, please consider applying to join the RCI Board. The board is also looking to increase its diversity. It especially welcomes applications from equity deserving groups.
Key skill areas
- International programmatic consulting
- International development, aid, and collaboration
- Diplomatic relations
- Information technology
The deadline to apply for a position on the RCI Board is Wednesday, June 22, 2022 (12 noon, EST)
For more information, and to access the online application form, please visit the RCI Board of Directors webpage.
The RCI Board elections process is being conducted by the RCI Nominating Governance Committee. Please take note of the following key dates.
- June 22: Deadline to apply for a position on the RCI Board
- June 29: All completed applications received by the deadline will be considered by the committee
- July 11-13: Applicants selected by the committee will be interviewed
- July 19: New members to the RCI Board will be nominated by the committee
- September 16: Nominated members will be presented to the members of RCI (who are Royal College Council members) for election
Thank you for your support in helping RCI deliver on its commitment to postgraduate medical education abroad.
If you have any questions about the RCI Board elections, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.