Reminder about changes for Fellows and upcoming event
Spring is making its appearance and I hope you are all keeping well. As we head into the May long weekend, I wanted to remind you of a few supports we have available for Fellows. These messages may have been missed when we announced them in late March.
Changes to MOC and dues processes for 2020
- MOC Program requirements waived: In recognition of this unprecedented situation, and in alignment with our partners at the College of Family Physicians of Canada, we have waived all Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program requirements for 2020. One year will be added to everyone’s cycle. While no credits are required to be submitted this year, any credits submitted will still be counted towards your current cycle. For more details, please read our FAQ on 2020-21 MOC and dues cycles.
- Annual dues deadline extended: We recognize that COVID-19 has impacted many of you, either directly or indirectly. This includes personal and professional hardships, as well as financial stresses and strains. In response, we have extended the 2020-21 annual dues deadline until August 31, 2020. Late payment fees will only take effect after September 3 If your income has been significantly impacted, we do have the option to request a fee reduction. For more details, please visit our website: www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/membership/dues-information-e
Other important updates
- You can pre-register for our upcoming Special Meeting of the Members to discuss our decision to postpone spring 2020 written examinations and the contents of a petition we received from some of our members. Prior to registering, please review what you need to know about how to participate and vote.
- On May 13, together with our partners in the Canadian Medical Forum, we put out a call to governments to include resident doctors on their list of COVID-19 front-line professionals who are eligible for pandemic pay. Read the full statement.
- We have received such positive feedback on our new videos of Fellows answering kids’ COVID-19 questions. If you have children who might benefit from these videos and the other kid-friendly resources we posted, I encourage you to check them out.
Until my next update, please take care.
Susan D. Moffatt-Bruce, MD, PhD, MBA, FACS, FRCSC
Chief Executive Officer