Recognition (May 2019)
Celebrating the professional achievements of Royal College Fellows and Resident Affiliates!
Several Fellows are recipients of 2019 CMA Awards:
- Mamta Gautam, MD, FRCPC, is the recipient of the May Cohen Award for Women Mentors.
- Ak’ingabe Guyon, MD, FRCPC, is the recipient of the CMA Medal of Service (read Dr. Guyon’s story in the 2018 Royal College Annual Review).
- Alika Lafontaine, MD, FRCPC, is the recipient of the Sir Charles Tupper Award for Political Action.
- Lieutenant Colonel Vivian McAlister, MD, FRCSC, is the recipient of the John McCrae Memorial Award.
- David-Martin Milot, MDCM, FRCPC, is the recipient of the CMA Award for Young Leaders (Early Career).
- Sheila Wang, MD (Royal College Resident Affiliate) is the recipient of the CMA Award for Young Leaders (Resident).
Fellows were also among the 2018-2019 RDoC award recipients:
- Warren Cheung, MD, FRCPC, and Bruce Fage, MD (Resident Affiliate) are the recipients of the RDoC Mikhael Award for Medical Education.
- Jonathan Dean, MD, FRCPC, and Jonathan Dellavedova, MD, FRCPC, are the recipients of the RDoC Puddester Award for Resident Wellness.
The Canadian Anesthesiologists’ Society also announced their
2019 Honour Award Recipients:
- Robert Chen, MD, FRCPC, was awarded the 2019 Clinical Teacher Award;
- David Bell, MD, FRCPC, received the Clinical Practitioner Award;
- Sonia Sampson, MD, FRCPC, and Jennifer Vergel de Dios, MD, FRCPC, were awarded the John Bradley Young Educator Award (read Dr. Vergel de Dios’s story in the 2018 Royal College Annual Review); and
- Anthony Boulton, MD, FRCPC, received Emeritus Membership.
Other honours and achievements
The Canadian Association of General Surgeons has named a new award in honour of Royal College Past-President G. William N. Fitzgerald, MD, FRCSC. The “G. William N. Fitzgerald Award for Excellence in Rural General Surgery” recognizes the contributions of surgeons and trainees working in rural practice who go above and beyond for their patients.
James A. Dosman, MD, FRCPC, who heralded in better health and safety in the agriculture field, and Jacalyn Duffin, MD, FRCPC, a hematologist and medical historian, were inducted into the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame for 2019.
Share your honours and achievements
Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.