Quebec specialists: Here’s how to move MOC data to the CMQ
We’ve been working with the Collège des médecins du Québec (CMQ) to implement a data transfer mechanism that will transfer your Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program activities to the CMQ. The data transfer mechanism is now fully operational and you may begin the process of transferring your MOC credits to the CMQ. Thank you for your patience while we developed and tested this solution.
- Please visit our “MOC in Quebec” webpage for information and updates.
- Find out how your MOC credits convert into CMQ hours [PDF].
Here’s how to prompt the transfer of your data in time for the CMQ’s reporting deadline.
Step 1: Please consent to the data transfer via your CMQ account if you haven’t already done so
- Log in to your CMQ account (https://www1.cmq.org).
- Click “Mandatory continuing medical education.”
- Click the consent box next to the Royal College logo. This allows us to transfer your MOC Program data.
Note: Your data will not be transferred unless you have clicked the consent box in your CMQ account. You can only give consent via the CMQ’s platform (not through MAINPORT ePortfolio).
Step 2: Proactively report all activities by March 27, 2020
- Once you have prompted your data transfer, you will still need to log in to your CMQ platform to trigger the download of your data from MAINPORT to your CMQ profile.
- Data transfers from MAINPORT to the CMQ only once per day, no matter how many times you log in to your CMQ platform.
- We recommend aiming to have all your data transferred by March 27, 2020, well ahead of the CMQ reporting deadline (March 31).
Watch a video (eligible for MOC Section 2 credits)
Watch a 48-minute video (eligible for MOC Section 2 credit) of a panel discussion in Montreal, Que. This activity is eligible for credit in the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program under Section 2: Video. In order to claim credit, you must record the activity in your MAINPORT ePortfolio and complete all the required fields, including at least one learning outcome.
Note: The discussion is mostly in French because that was the audience’s preferred language.
We greatly value your membership and continued participation in the MOC Program
We hope that this message eases any concerns you have about meeting your reporting obligations to the CMQ. You will be able to fulfil your obligations to the CMQ through the MOC Program without having to report twice. We count on our Quebec Fellows to represent the needs of Quebec on our committees and examination boards, and to bring a francophone presence to our work. We could not do our work without you!
For MOC/MAINPORT enquiries:
Royal College Services Centre
613-730-6243 (Ottawa region)
For CMQ regulation enquiries:
Collège des médecins du Québec
514-933-4441 ext. 5224