Introducing SMB3: Three bullets, three-minute read—practical resources and info for Fellows
What is SMB3? It’s my top three bite-sized bits of information that I will share with you on a biweekly basis. SMB3 will feature three resources, tips or important updates that I hope you will find helpful.
- New! COVID-related continuing professional development (CPD) and just-in-time learning opportunities are now available. Visit our website for a list of COVID-CPD activities eligible for Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program credit (Section 1 and Section 3).
- Over the past few months, we’ve been advocating for you on the following:
- Specialist virtual care billing codes for Fellows and residents to ensure delivery of quality care during the pandemic
- Access to sufficient PPE and provisional licensure for residents during COVID-19
- Financial supports and income stabilization measures for Fellows and residents, post-COVID-19
- That Canada support and lead the development of a UN Convention on the Rights of Older Persons
- In case you missed it: More than 600 Fellows attended our June 9 panel discussion, The Intersection of Medicine and AI. Hosted by Dr. Richard Reznick, Chair of the Royal College’s Task Force on Artificial (AI) and Emerging Digital Technologies, four experts discussed how AI and emerging technologies are transforming medicine and the lifelong careers of specialists.
Susan D. Moffatt-Bruce, MD, PhD, MBA, FACS, FRCSC
Chief Executive Officer