eLearning Modules for Competence by Design
If you’re a program director responsible for the implementation of Competence by Design (CBD), then this resource is for you! CBD for Program Directors is a practical resource designed to help explain the main requirements in transitioning to CBD. This resource is designed for all program directors, regardless of what stage of the transition you’re in.
Did you know? Each training module is eligible for 30 minutes of section 3 Maintenance of Certification (MOC) credits, plus additional section 2 credits if you complete the module worksheets. (See end of each module for instructions)
CBD for Program Directors includes 6 modules that you can complete in any order at any time:
- Learn the Basics of CBD: Familiarize yourself with the CBD lingo(EPAs, milestones, training experiences, etc.), explain how the transition to CBD will benefit your program, faculty members and residents, and learn about the role of the program director in the transition to CBD.
- Lead the Change: Apply the “five key actions” for leading the change to design a change process that will prepare you, your faculty members, your residents and other key stakeholders for the transition to CBD.
- Develop Your Curriculum – EPAs and Milestones: Apply the 10 key steps in successful curriculum mapping and map your specialty’s EPAs, milestones and other activities to training activities.
- Set up a Competence Committee: Set up and pilot a competence committee, define your committee’s policies and procedures, and train your committee members.
- Work with an ePortfolio: Use your ePortfolio platform to guide resident learning and review program status.
- Evaluate your program: Review the basics of program evaluation and its purpose, using the Competency-based Medical Education (CBME) Logic Model.
Each module includes a worksheet with practical activities that are designed to give you the skills and tools you need to help you in whatever stage you’re at in your transition.
We welcome any questions at email@example.com.