9,000 ways to get Section 3 credits!
9,000 self-assessment programs will soon be at your fingertips!
Are you having trouble accessing and reporting Section 3 Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program credits? Log in to your MAINPORT ePortfolio and get ready for a pleasant surprise!
By the end of November, you will be able to access more than 9,000 more accredited assessment activities eligible for Section 3 MOC credits.
A new collaboration with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) is expanding the number and diversity of Section 3 credits available to Royal College Fellows and MOC Participants in the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program.
We are in the process of adding thousands of continuing medical education (CME) activities to MAINPORT ePortfolio that meet the requirements of self-assessment programs (SAPs).
The additional activities are accredited under the ACCME’s “CME in support of MOC” program. They have been developed by accredited CME providers through a collaboration between the ACCME and six American specialty certifying boards:
- American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) MOCA
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) MOC
- American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO) MOC
- American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (ABOHNS) Continuing Certification
- American Board of Pathology (ABPath) Continuing Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) MOC
You will be able to report your participation in these accredited activities available on or after November 1, 2019.
“With this partnership, we are bringing Royal College Fellows more choice and flexibility for claiming valuable MOC Program Section 3 credits,” said Royal College CEO Andrew Padmos, MD, FRCPC.
New searchable database
The Royal College has simultaneously launched a new searchable database to house all of the new Section 3 SAPs. Previously, SAPs were just listed alphabetically by name in a drop-down menu. Now you can search for them in many different ways: by activity name, date or ID number; by accreditation date; by specialty or subspecialty; by provider name; by location; and/or by CanMEDS Role.
Access the new SAP database in six simple steps
- Log into your MAINPORT account.
- Click on “Enter a CPD Activity”.
- Choose “Accredited Self-Assessment Programs” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Continue” at the bottom of the screen.
- Use the Simple Search to find an SAP based on Title, ID # or Specialty or use the Advanced Search to search for an SAP using additional criteria.
- Enter information for all required fields marked with red asterisks.
You can use the database in two ways: to search or “shop” for accredited activities in which to participate, or to submit completed activities.